Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Just Cut The Feet Off"

About 5-6 weeks ago I bought Mason 5 new zip up fleece sleepers. (Costco $8 and totally adorable)
Anyway, either he has grown very fast or the feet have shrunk because his little toes are getting smashed. I think they shrunk because his shoes still fit fine. This is frustrating because the rest of the sleeper still has room to grow. Not to mention they're practically new still! I've been wondering should I cut a little slit right at the end so his toes can peek out? Maybe I should just fold them up and put them in storage or pass them along to his baby cousin. Then what? Buy more sleepers? What size though? The next size up would be HUGE on him, except for the feet. Maybe I'm thinking way too much about this...Then my mom said, "just cut the feet off". I cringed a little. I can't just cut the cute lil footsies off! Then his feet will get cold (he won't leave socks on) and he'll look silly! Not that it really matters what he looks like in pajamas but I still care. I've heard other people say they cut the feet off their kids pajamas but I kind of thought it was a joke.
In the end I cut the feet off of ONE sleeper. It was hard and I can't say I like it. However, it's better than buying a bunch of new sleepers or having scrunched toes. I'll most likely cut the rest, I'm just not ready yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment