Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Christmas Shopping

Last Sunday I noticed the big toy ad/books in the newspaper and started flipping through. Now, this may sound bad, but I wasn't planning on buying Mason much for Christmas. Maybe just some clothes because he could always use clothes. He's still too young to really know what presents are and I buy him stuff all year, no need to go crazy this Christmas.
Well, all that logical thinking went out the window the more I "flipped through" the toy books. I soon had a pen and was marking pages and wanting to buy for people I don't usually even buy for! Mason soon needed the Rockin Rider 3 in 1 Durango Pony from Target. If I buy it before 11/23 it's only $69.99! Reg price $109.99! Bargain!!
He also needs the 3 in 1 CAT Dump Truck Ride On, $36.99 at Target with coupon! I think I saw this at Costco tho, so I'll have to check their price. Mason and his cousin Ira also need the Step 2 Wagon for Two, regularly $59.99 but at Target with your coupon and in store price cut it's only $45! What a great gift to keep at grandmas!
I took this to the next level. I actually went to Target to load up on all these items and much more that wasn't in the book. However, to my disappointment Target doesn't have layaway! I thought every store had layaway!? Apparently not. They do offer a credit card so you can pay for your gifts 2 or 3 times over with their wonderfully high interest rate! No worries though, you get an entire 5% off your purchase! Hmmm no thanks. I don't use credit cards anymore and I like it.
So, as of now Mason didn't get all the gifts he suddenly needed. (I did manage to pick up a hotdog costume for $1.40!! All costumes 90% off!!)
Anyway, I'll probably go to walmart or kmart if I want to use layaway or I'll just gov with my original plan and not really buy much this year. I do love giving presents though!
Guess I'll wait and see what this Sunday's paper has to bring me, and re evaluate my plan from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment