Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 3: Gluten Free

    Well day 3 into our gluten free trial seems to be showing some progress. Maybe I'm just hopeful but the rash seems a little less red today. In some spots it looks as though its almost completely faded.
     I'm hoping this trial works, but a little part of me (the selfish part) doesn't want to have to deal with food allergies. He's difficult enough with everyday life, I don't need more added to it. I'm sure once I figure it out it won't seem that hard, my biggest challenge is finding a variety of foods that he will actually eat. Thank goodness he can still eat yogurt and cheese. 
    The hardest part for Mason so far is that he can't have goldfish crackers or "cupcakes". He calls cake pops, cookies, etc "cupcakes". I just try to keep them out of sight, but he's a little smarty. Good thing here in Mac there is a cupcake shop that is all gluten free/nut free and vegan. They also have a great play area for kids and mini cupcakes which are perfect for a busy guy like Mase who although loves them, doesn't have time to sit and eat. They're good for moms too who are trying to watch how many calories we cram in our mouths each day. 
    So gluten free will continue on. Tomorrow is Easter and I got him a little candy for his basket. That wasn't too hard to find gluten/wheat free. He doesn't get a lot of candy anyway. Probably he'll be most excited to be outside and to have plastic eggs and a basket to play with. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment