Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Zumba

I started doing Zumba last year and immediately fell in love with it. My niece and I decided we would go to the local YMCA one night and give it try. We wore crazy bright 80's inspired workout attire, teased our hair into a big hot mess and headed down for the "free trial". It was awesome. I didn't know any of the dances, but just kept shaking my booty and caught on as best I could in the 1 hour class. The best part? I was soaked in sweat and tired but had a blast! 
Months later I still look forward to Zumba twice a week.  If I could go every day I would but my local gym only offers it 2-3 times a week. Now that I've been going awhile and actually know most of the dances, I have been working more on my technique. The instructors are the best dancers I've ever seen! They make it look so easy! Also, the better my technique gets the more I sweat in class! Apparently I'm burning around 600-700 calories per class. Now if that's true, I'm even more in love with Zumba! 
If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it! It always puts me in a great mood and makes me feel better about myself. There's no age discrimination either. In the class I attend, there are girls in their 20s all the way up to senior citizens, all having a great time. Just go at your own pace and enjoy, and when in doubt, shake your bon bon til you catch on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment